RP Acoustics Fiber Optic Probe Hydrophone FOPH 2000 with Accessories *Used*
Quick OverviewProduct Name: RP Acoustics Fiber Optic Probe Hydrophone FOPH 2000 with Accessories Product Condition: Pulled from a working environment. It is in pristine cosmetic condition. We are able to power on test the...
Product Name: RP Acoustics Fiber Optic Probe Hydrophone FOPH 2000 with Accessories
Product Condition: Pulled from a working environment. It is in pristine cosmetic condition. We are able to power on test the unit only. It powers up. Offered "As-Is". Used
Vendor: RP Acoustics
- Includes power adapter, Photodetector with ac adapter, FBC-006 Fiber Optic Cleaver, Adjustable Wire Stripper, Laservision 620.P1002.00 Skyline Goggles,
- Foam lined metal carrying case, Software CD and Instruction manual.
- The ideal instrument for the absolute measurement of short time high positive and negative pressures in liquids.
- It is used by numerous metrological, medical and scientific laboratories worldwide for reliable soundfield characterizations.
- The sensitive element for measuring pressure is the tip of an optical glass fiber.
- The pressure signal is detected via the changing light reflection at the glass fiber/water interface caused by the pressure/density
- influence on the refractive index of water.
- Simple and quick calibration without reference standards. Because of the self-calibration, the Fiber Optic Probe Hydrophone can be used as a measuring standard itself.
- High spatial resolution: 100 µm.
- Bandwidth 0 to 2/20/100 MHz, adjustable (up to 150 MHz with deconvolution of hydrophone properties).
- Risetime 3 ns, electronically limited.
- Theoretical bandwidth: 0 to 30 GHz.
- Because of the hydrophone's small diameter, a directivity dependence of the sensitivity can only be noticed for frequencies higher than 1 MHz.
- Complete and repeatable reproduction of positive and negative pressure amplitudes.
- Since the adhesion between water and the glass fiber exceeds the cohesion of water, a detachment of the water contact is avoided even at high negative pressures .
- The occasional loss of the water contact by cavitation nuclei at the fiber tip leads to an anomal increase of reflected laser light and can be clearly identified in the measurement.
- Equipped with 20 m measuring glass fiber.
- A damaged glass fiber tip can easily be repaired within a few minutes.
- Because of the optical principle of measurement, there is an extreme insensitiveness to electromagnetic interference.
- Battery operation of the device prevents electromagnetic interferences via mains cables.
- No aging, because neither electrical lines nor piezoelectrical material have contact with water.
- Numerous possible applications exist in the medical field, in general ultrasonic calibration and measurement as well as in the characterization of technical ultrasonic equipment:
- Absolute measurements of high positive and negative pressures in liquids.
- Pressure measurements in the focus and the extended wave field of medical instruments for extracorporal shock wave lithotripsy (destruction of kidney and gallstones) according to IEC 61846.
- Pressure and temperature measurements in the focus and the extended wave field of medical instruments for ultrasound cancer therapy (high intensity focused ultrasound, HIFU).
- Pressure and temperature measurements in the focus and the extended wave field of ultrasonic instruments for medical diagnosis.
- Characterization and certification of medical instruments for diagnosis and therapy (IEC 61157).
- Examination of the wave field of ultrasound cleaning devices.
- Underwater ultrasound and shockwave studies.
- The high spatial (100 µm) and temporal (3 ns) resolution of the Fiber Optic Probe Hydrophone FOPH 2000 allows a correct examination of medical equipment for extracorporal shock wave lithotripsy and ultrasonic diagnosis.
You can check our policies here regarding shipping, order/payment, return, local pickup, warranty, and liability.
If this product is medical equipment, please check our medical item disclaimer.
Orders are processed and shipped Monday through Friday. All orders will be processed and shipped within 1 business day from receipt of payment. Our Shipping cutoff is 2pm PST. We are not be responsible for any lost or stolen packages that show as "delivered" according to the tracking or confirmation information. Contact the carrier for further help with delivery issues. Shipping options are shown on the item page in the shipping calculator. We currently offer FedEx and USPS on most orders. If an item is labeled “Local Pickup Only," you may pick up the item from our warehouse or arrange a freight pickup. Feel free to contact us for options. We do not mark items as "Gift," so please don't ask.
Warranty and Liability Policy
Many of our products are designed for users who are familiar with their IT equipment, devices and computers or medical and laboratory hardware. Some products we sell may void your manufacturer’s warranty after installation of use. Our liability is limited to the purchase price of the product. All products sold are used at your own risk. If You Have a Problem… Before leaving neutral or negative feedback, please email us instead. ALL problems can generally be solved to your satisfaction quickly and efficiently by communicating with us. We can correct most any mistakes and pride ourselves on having 100% satisfied customers.
We accept payment via credit card and PayPal. By placing an order, you implicitly agree to all of our terms and policies. We ship only to the verified billing address. Unverified addresses will delay processing your order. .